As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Bay Area Elektron meet (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Bay Area Elektron meet
Goomba
Re:Bay Area Elektron meet 10 Years, 10 Months ago
hey Ya'll

Wish I would have seen this thread sooner, haven't been in producing mode lately.

Anyway...

I am opening a venue in Oakland called Riddim, and I would love to host in the future.

I own a monomachine, I have had a machinedrum in the past, but I'm more comfortable with my MPC2500.

I will try to make this meetup, but I have an event that night, so will probably be pretty busy taking care of business.

If any of you know the people/person to contact for the bay area modular meetup, I'd love to talk to them too. Riddim is a strictly EDM venue, with an incredible Turbosound system, can't wait to hear some hardware moving those speakers!
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
Oh hey Isaac! Check your gmail account, good to hear from you again.
Goomba
Hey Edward, good to hear from you, let me know how the meeting goes?
Hammer Bro
Soundcloud
Will do!

However...I've only had 2 confirmations so far. Could other people let me know if they're in our out by Wednesday? It's OK if you can't make it, things happen.

But if we don't have enough peeps (like 7), then I'd rather cancel the Guitar Center reservation while we have time to do so, and instead host a smaller meet at my place. I'm close to BART and have a house with a decent size yard, so the back up plan is an Elektron BBQ - next weekend is supposed to be sunny and I have a grill.
Cappy
I'd like to firm up my plans for this up and coming weekend. Currently I've got the bulk of Saturday dedicated to this event. I'm willing to pay up to $20 to rent the space.

If meeting up at Guitar Center is out of the question, I'm still down to BBQ. ANIGBROWL, did you want to BBQ this weekend in place of GC or did you want to push this meetup back by 1 week?
jdn
King Koopa
I'm in, either weekend or venue.
Cappy
MD UW mkII
OT
DSI Mopho
Slim Phatty
Radias
Nord Rack 2X
Novation Ultranova
Juno-G
KP3
Sync-Gen II Pro

0BSRVR.COM
I can't make it this weekend.
Hammer Bro
Soundcloud
OK, looks like we're not so many - only 3 right now! - because 1 couple of people who were coming got pulled out for work too but they're local so it's OK to come by some other time

So I'm going to cancel with GC in the morning and everyone else is invited to BBQ at my place, followed by random techno noodling I thought about moving it to the following week but that's a long weekend for 4 July and people are more likely to have family stuff already arranged.

I'll shoot out an email with my address and stuff in it, because I don't want to put my home address/phone up here on the forum.

So Finite, send me an email - anigbrowl ~at~ gmail ~dot~ com

And if anyone wasn't sure or saw this late or whatever, you're welcome to come, just send me email as above. Still on for Saturday 29 June, come over about 2-3pm until whenever. I'll cook up some food, so just bring some beer or whatever. Also, let me know in advance if you have dietary issues, like you're vegetarian or don't eat pork.

One more thing, I have a bunch of cats - 10 in fact. They'll probably run and hide from strangers but if you have allergies you might want to take a pill before you come over. I've had bad hay fever this spring so if anyone starts sneezing I can take care of you. There is no double-meaning to any of this BTW, I really do have 10 cats!
Hammer Bro
Soundcloud
Well, it wound up being a bit smaller than we anticipated, due to people being affected by work & illness - just 3 of us, with 2 OTs, an A4, and MD. But after some tasty barbeque and beer (thanks guys!), we connected the machines together and ran them into a mixer....

...and here is the result: a 2 hour minimal house jam, with 2 of us playing on different Elektron machines for the firrst time (Chris on A4, and me on MD). This is a mono mp3; out raw sounds were almost all mono and we left everything panned to the middle. The only post processing is removal of a couple of super-loud peaks and then gentle multiband limiting. It's quite pleasant listening!

Download from Google Docs - no sign-in required

I was going to put it on SoundCloud, but at 2 hours it's really too long for that platform, The file is about 260mb.

Enjoy!
Cappy
See we are trying to do that down here in LA but people are very shy or something.
Glad you guys had a good time. Our first meet will be tomorrow evening.
Go to top Post Reply